There's no going back now.
I've had my conversation with my boss, Tom Smith, and all will move forward as planned. I'll go to SNC tomorrow for my official last day of work. They will take me to lunch at the Abbey with the whole department. From 2-4 p.m. there will be a reception for me down the hall from my cubicle. After that, I'll drive down the road INTO the sunRISE. The sun will rise on a new chapter in my life. As I've repeated often since Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future.
Today, I managed to upload a song that I recorded to my Facebook profile. I recorded it here in the sunroom using my M-Audio Firewire Solo mixer and my MacBook Pro using Garageband. I wrote the file from Garageband to an MP3 file on my computer. I had to sign up with a website called ReverbNation in order for them to host my song. That means I had to upload it to their server. They then provide an Application that I put in my profile on Facebook and presto-George, my recording is available for you to stream.
The song is titled "These Roads Don't Move" and it is from Jay Farrar of the band Son Volt and Ben Gibbard of the band Death Cab for Cutie. You can see them perform it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfUSmdGa6E
I'll be adding more songs although ReverbNation limits me to 8MB of space for free. It's about $30 per year for them to host "unlimited" amounts of my songs so I'll probably just keep only two or three on my Facebook profile at any given time. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and it's what retirement is meant to allow me to do.
That's it for now.
Ciao, babies!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah ! you still rock dude! :)
Post a Comment