Saturday, September 02, 2006

Geoff and Laura get ENGAGED!

Hi patient readers! I'm posting using the Opera web browser today. I just updated my Internet Explorer 7 to RC1. I got tired of the Viewpoint Media plugin reminder. Today is September 2 and my first day off in 12 days. I had to work both Saturday and Sunday last weekend while the St. Norbert students moved in. It's been a hard week. We have major printing problems on campus where people's print jobs end up printing on some random printer on campus rather than the one in their area. Not fun for those printing confidential documents. As usual, my department's response is too slow and too conservative for me. Of course the problems with students having problems connecting to the campus network are as prevalent as ever. Job security some might say. I'm feeling a lot weird today as it's a nice day, I haven't played golf since August 19 and I'm not golfing today. It's September. There's a different feeling in the air. Football is upon us. I've been watching Michigan and Ohio State kill their lesser opponents and hope to watch the Badger game tonight. That's at six. At 5:30, the Packers are announcing their final cuts. I'll be extremely interested in that news too. I keep waiting for others in my Fantasy football league to begin messing with the website but nobody has. I guess I have to wait another week for the games to actually start. Here's hoping that Koby figures out a way to register with CBS sportsline so he can manage his team. It's a little hard to type with Murry sitting on my arms. :-) Perhaps I should post a few pix from my summer of picture taking but I can't get my phone to synch with my PC. The BlueTooth adapter is messed up and I've tried for a couple hours to fix it with no luck. ho hum. Here's a picture of Geoff and Laura taken on July 4. They are now engaged. Geoff, my brother John and I played golf on the morning of August 19 and on the 9th tee, Geoff said he had some news. He told us that we could not tell anyone else but that he had bought a ring and was going to ask Laura to marry him. A week or so later, he called to tell us that they had gone to a movie and that he had asked her after that. So Geoff and Laura are engaged. That's so wonderful and so exciting. No wedding plans have been released as of now but one thing at a time. That's all for now. I need to make a food run. Ciao, babies!

No comments: