Hi. Lots to report but not much time. We brought all four baby kitties in last night. They were all in the kitty condo on the front porch. We have them in the bathroom for now. Geoff is going to pick one to keep and Bossler's next door want one too. The others I will take to the Humane Society this Saturday.
And Murry showed up last night! I had not seen her for several weeks. I was tempted to bring her in the house and keep her here but, once again, decided that was not the right thing to do. I am reminded of that old hack that begins, "If you love something, set it free.....".
Work remains busy. There are only two weeks of classes left and soon all the students will be gone again for the summer. Hope I get all the "gotta do's" done in time.....
It's Wednesday today. That means donuts at the staff meeting. Yummie! Gotta pinch this off and get to work.
I plugged the old chiming clock in and wound it up too. We have remodeled three rooms in this house in the last three years and have not put one picture or anything else on the walls yet. Since I didn't do any of the work, I haven't been willing to risk the wrath of those who did.
Liz finished her movie project for her last regular graduate school class and turned it in last night. I know she has done all the work but it has changed my life too. She did most of her work on this movie thing on my new PC. It felt good to be able to offer her my machine (3ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, 160 gig HD, DVD burner) to do her project. She still has to complete her "culminating experience" and take her "comps" this summer and then she'll be done with that. She's made it clear that there are many planes circling in the sky and waiting to land as soon as she is done with this Master's degree. Of course, and I'm letting you behind the curtain here, what I have been wishing for for years is a wife who has time to take care of me, cook, clean, and still have time for her hobbies. She would love to spend more time gardening and doing lots of other things for herself. While I want selfish things, I am so grateful for the way she has devoted herself to her career and for the way that her income allows us to live a life where financial concerns are of no concern. I am so very very blessed to have her.
Well, before this gets way into stuff, I better get to work.
Ciao, Babies!
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment