It's Saturday. Friday it rained ALL DAY! I should have gone to work. What good is being on vacation when it rains all day? Would this be a good time to stop whining? We'll see.
Geoff and I have a 9:30a.m. tee time on the Glacial nine at Quit Qui Oc in Elkhart Lake today. We may not see the sun but playing golf under cloudy skies would be better than sitting inside another day.
I haven't been blogging nearly as much as I did when I first started. I envisioned blogging every day when I first started. That was back in the dark days of late winter-early spring though. Sunshine tends to make me feel better.
Being inside also tends to make me unhappy because our house is such a mess and has been for so long. There's nobody to work on the remodeling of the living room. Stuff is still piled all around from Memorial Day camping. This place just gets closer and closer to a series of "walking channels" amidst piled up possessions. I get so sick of not being able to turn around without bumping something, of having to reach and strain to get close to a light switch or put a coffee cup away. I'm so sick of having to tiptoe around the bed in our bedroom holding the wall to keep from falling over. Liz promises to pick up the "stuff" and clean up the piles of clothing but she doesn't have time. I understand that her graduate school studies have to come first now but that doesn't make it any easier to live in this mess.
I'd hire a cleaner to come in but that's not even the issue. There is just too much "stuff" laying around here and I'm afraid to throw it out for fear I'll hurt someone's feelings.
I'd better wake Geoff up so we have time to get to the golf course in time for our tee time. Looks like we might have to play in the fog.......yippee (can't make the text small enough to show how I really feel).
Buh, bye.
Ciao.
Saturday, June 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment