Saturday. Hmmm, was that a maggot in my Diet Coke? Not sure. It wasn't wiggling but........maybe........
And what am I doing drinking a Diet Coke? It was left over from our wonderful vacation. Jim gave us a few to drink on the way home. We didn't drink 'em then.
What a glorious day today! The wireless thermometer I bought this week (Liz accused me of trying to keep up with the Joneses :-( ) said that it was 64 outside. Really it was only in the lower 50's but glorious nonetheless.
My beautiful wife suggested we go to Dairy Queen last night for dessert after we had supper. I didn't have Cake, Cookies, Candy, Pie or Donuts. But that Turtle Sundae? TO DIE FOR!! Thanks, Dear!
So, in the Sheboygan Press yesterday was a letter from a lady in Oostburg complaining about the Press'es coverage of the bar in Oostburg being open for the first time ever on a Sunday. She emphasized the "Keep holy the Lord's day" commandment. I don't have a problem with the commandments. I do have a problem with people playing "holier than thou" though. This lady who criticized the bar owner didn't mention anything about other businesses that are open on Sunday. Take, for instance, the Kohler Company. I suspect that they operate 24/7/365. I would imagine that there are plenty of good, church going, family-oriented people who have to work Sunday shifts because their job depends on it.
How about those people pictured in the bar who stopped in the bar that Sunday. They got off the highway at Oostburg looking for something to eat. That bar is the only place in town that was open that day. Does our lady letter-writer expect that nobody should travel on Sundays? If so, she's so far off kilter that I shouldn't even bother with her. So, I'm done.
I've decided to start a new feature of my blog entitled "I should". It's things I'd like other people to do. It's just that I know that I can't control them.
I SHOULD remember to keep my headlights on when I drive, especially when it's near sundown or sunrise or foggy or rainy. I need to remember that it's important to be seen not just to see.
I SHOULD remember to use my turn signal when I'm turning. That way, a pedestrian knows whether to cross the street when I'm approaching.
I should remember to ease up and have a good day.
Ciao, babies!
Saturday, March 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment