Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Ash Wednesday. Staff meeting this morning. Didn't have a donut. Had to give my annual explanation of what Lent is. Scott Crevier, our new Web Master, is a practicing Catholic too. It's nice to have another one of us on the staff.
I went to mass at 12:20 p.m. Sat next to Scott. He has a good voice. He sings in a barbershop quartet.
Spent much of the day trying to clean two student computers. I've never seen so much spyware on two computers. Both were infected with Netsky and a host of other viruses too. They are both still on my desk. Both will require much more time. These girls have no clue about taking care of a computer......
Liz went to church at 5:30 P.M. so I made supper. I was so hungry when I got home that I started by attacking a package of string cheese. Then I prepared a couple sweet potatoes in the microwave. Then I started making the haddock that Liz had thawed. I rolled the fish in flour and then put it in a frying pan that had a half cup or so of water. I covered it and cooked it for 10-15 minutes or so until it was coming apart. Liz told me that she browns the fish in a little oil before she adds the water. Next time I'll do that. She was very happy to find that supper was ready when she got home.
I watched Office Space on DVD after supper. It was on TV and there wasn't anything else worth watching on at the time so I watched the DVD instead. I fell asleep.
I'm feeding the outside kitty twice a day now just like Smokey. The other, wilder kitty is around too but I think the friendly one is getting plenty of food now. She doesn't have any claws at all on either front or back feet. She is there to greet me when I leave in the morning and when I come home in the afternoon. She hides under the front porch.
Liz had the doors open because of the sewer gas smell that permeates our house for some reason. Gidget was sitting on my lap while I tried to maintain my snoozing but she kept jumping up and barking every couple minutes until I finally had to close the inside door. Then she kept jumping down to chase Smokey every time Smokey came in the room. I had to put Gidget in her bed and cover her up with her towel. Then Smokey finally was able to come over and sit on my lap.
OPINION:
Those stupid drug commercials have got to go!! These idiots actually expect me to call my doctor and ask about VIOXX or any of a hundred other drugs just because they say so in a commercial? I believe that the big drug companies are inflating prices with the assistance of the Republicans. I don't know why the American public should have to pay for this relentless, inane advertising. It's just not right!
Now, if you want to see someone who is REALLY ANGRY go to http://maddox.xmission.com
That's all for today. Ciao, baby.

No comments: